OUR OFFICE POLICIES:
We ask that you please check in 10 minutes prior to your appointment. This provides adequate time for check-in and processing of submitted documents. We thank you for your cooperation. We do understand that delays can happen and that circumstantial variables do sometimes come into play. If you are more than 15 minutes late to your scheduled appointment, we may have to reschedule your visit. We try to be as punctual as possible to ensure the best possible experience for our patients. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
MISSED APPOINTMENTS AND LATE CANCELLATIONS
The time allocated for your appointment is the time reserved for you. In consideration to other patients and our staff, please try to keep your appointment as scheduled. If you cannot make your appointment, please notify our office at least 48 hours before your appointment time. Missed/no-show appointments and any changes made less than 48 hours before the appointment will require a prepayment of your future appointment fee in order to reserve an alternative appointment. If you miss or no show without any attempt at calling you will be asked to pay a $50 non refundable fee as you are wasting time that could have been used for another patient in need.
● Approve that he or she is still in charge of taking care of the patient
● Offer a re-certification examination date
● Make it clear that a strong patient/doctor relationship is in place
● Prove that he or she is a resident of Connecticut
● Do all certification and verification steps on the form
● Give his or her updated photo
● Pay the required registration fee
● Give an update of any information that has changed in the past year
● Make sure we have all medical documentation needed for qualifying condition diagnosis
***Only if a caregiver is needed*** The patient’s primary caregiver also needs to complete the verification and certification steps, provide an updated photo, and pay the required registration fee (about $25).